A majority of decisions related to your health are being made by politicians, and the best way for you to get your voice heard is by voting. To vote in Kentucky, you need to be:
- A U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident
- At least 18 years old by the date of the next general election (November 3, 2015)
- Not a convicted felon (or, if so, have your civil rights restored)
- Not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law and have your voting rights removed
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky
The next primary election will be on Tuesday, May 19, 2015, and the next full general election will be on Tuesday, November 3, 2015. Among the offices up for election are Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, Auditor, Treasurer, Agriculture Commissioner, and more.
For more information – including details about registering to vote, candidates for office, finding your polling location, and more – go online to elect.ky.gov. Make your voice heard!