“A Commitment to Compassion” will take place at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 28, at the Frazier History Museum, 829 West Main Street. The event is co-sponsored by Passport Health Plan, Compassionate Louisville, and Insider Louisville.
“We have a created a brush fire of compassion for the community, and this is an opportunity to recognize some of the folks who are igniting the fire,” said Stephanie Barnett, a co-host of the Compassionate Louisville Healthcare Constellation, which brings together members of the healthcare community to explore ways to grow compassion from within our health systems.
Jean West, Emmy Award-winning anchor and medical, health and science reporter, will emcee the event, which will recognize and honor seven dedicated healthcare workers who exemplify true compassion in the workplace. These are people who go above and beyond their job duties to extend needed consideration, kindness, and compassion to patients, their colleagues and the broader community. The honorees are:
- Guy Harvey of Norton Children’s Hospital
- Heather Renee Hibbard of the Brown Cancer Center
- Mary Lynn Spalding, President and CEO of Christian Care Communities
- Sheila Carter, founder and owner of Heartsong Memory Care
- Zella Fraze of Gilda’s Club
- Dr. Michael Imburgia, co-founder of the Have a Heart Clinic
- Robin Goodman of Family Health Centers
For more information, please click here.