Who is Eligible for Passport Health Plan:
- SOBRA - Poverty level pregnant women and children.
- TANF - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families.
- SSI without Medicare - Individuals who are medically needy, aged, blind and disabled.
- SSI with Medicare - Individuals receiving Supplemental Security Income and Medicare benefits.
- KCHIP - Children of families eligible for Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program (KCHIP). Eligibility for KCHIP is based on the family's income.
- Foster Care - Children placed in out-of-home care by the state of Kentucky.
- Presumptive Eligibility - Temporary benefits for expectant mothers.
How To Apply:
Applicants are to apply at their local DCBS office. When they go, the following information should be taken:
- Social Security Number
- Other health insurance information
- Proof of pregnancy and due date
- Last 3 months bank statement showing checking or savings account, life insurance policies, stocks and bonds, for each person applying.
For more information on the application process, please visit KY Cabinet for Health Services - Department for Medicaid Services.
Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) Office Number: *1-855-306-8959
Percentages of Enrolled Members in Passport:
||Category of Aid
||SSI w/o Medicare
||SSI w/ Medicare
*As of 2009