Governance and Leadership
Our governance structure supports our commitment as a community-based organization. Passport Health Plan is focused on provider collaboration and the active solicitation of provider input on policies and procedures on how we provide Medicaid Services to ultimately help providers improve the quality of care they provide. Passport is currently governed by a local Board of Directors and guided by a local provider coalition called The Partnership Council.
Passport Board of Directors
The Passport Board of Directors is the governing body for Passport. Our Board of Directors includes membership from a variety of organizations and community leaders in both rural and urban areas. The Board is responsible for pursuing Passport’s goals and is accountable to the community for all the actions of and accountable to various regulatory agencies, such as DMS, Department of Insurance (DOI), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Attorney General (AG), and Auditor of Public Accounts.
Click here to learn more about Henry Altman, our Chairman of the Board, and for a list of all current Passport Board members.
Passport Partnership Council
The Partnership Council, Inc. is a Kentucky nonprofit corporation comprised of 31 members representing a broad coalition of local consumers and providers, including physicians, nurses, hospitals, health departments and ancillary providers. The Partnership Council meets bi-monthly and has ongoing responsibility for recommending policy decisions, reviewing and evaluating the results of quality activities, instituting actions and overseeing follow-up as appropriate.
Click here for a list of all current Passport Partnership Council members.
Passport was established by the following sponsors in 1997 to improve health outcomes for Medicaid members by employing a cost-efficient model:
- University of Louisville Physicians
- Louisville/Jefferson County Primary Care Association (comprised of the Metro Louisville Department of Public Health, Family Health Centers, Inc., Park DuValle Community Health Centers, and the University of Louisville Primary Care Center)
- Norton Healthcare, Inc.
- Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence (formerly Jewish Hospital HealthCare Services)
- University Medical Center, Inc.
At Passport, we are proud to be led by an accomplished Chief Executive Officer, Mark Carter. Mr. Carter is a leading figure in Kentucky healthcare, providing leadership in the Commonwealth’s healthcare system over the past decade. Click here to read his full bio.
Other Senior Leaders include:
- Jill Joseph Bell, Vice President and Chief Communications Officer
- Carl Felix, Chief Operations Officer
- David Henley, Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
- Stephen J. Houghland, MD, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- David A. Stanley, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer